It is already possible to implant the Avery diaphragm pacemakers in Poland.
The operation can be performed by the Department of Neurosurgery of the Copernicus Hospital in Gdańsk.
Polish CCHS Foundation “Lift the Curse” together with the Department of Neurosurgery of the Copernicus Hospital in Gdańsk and the Center for Rare Diseases of the University Clinical Center in Gdańsk have prepared a procedure for implanting diaphragm pacemakers for patients suffering from CCHS::
- Before purchasing Avery Biomedical Devices pacemakers, the patient must undergo a medical examination to qualify for the operation.
- Examination is carried out by a team of specialists from CCHS Center in Poland at the Medical University of Gdańsk, the Rare Diseases Center.
- To report to the clinic, you must complete a special questionnaire (interested persons are asked to send an e-mail to: email@example.com).
- Patients will be diagnosed at the Rare Diseases Center. The stay in the hospital will last 3 days (Wednesday-Friday) and will be arranged individually, at a time convenient for everyone.
- The purchase of a pacemaker should be made just before the scheduled surgery, not earlier than 3 months before the due date.
- The purchase procedure should be agreed with the operating hospital.
You can read more about diaphragm nerve stimulators here: https://www.averybiomedical.com/diaphragm-pacing-systems/system-information/